Tuesday 24 September 2024

A school boy’s small act of kindness made a big impact on my life!

A school boy’s small act of kindness made a big impact on my life! 

A class X school boy living in my street is known to me since his childhood. He used to visit us often and much interested in knowing about Gandhi. I am associated with Gandhi Peace Foundation, Madras and share Gandhian thoughts and children’s books to him. On a Gandhi Jayanthi Day, during Covid period, when no one visited other’s home, he came to my house and spoke on Gandhi for few minutes as homage to Mahatma. This news was published in local weekly newspaper. Now he is studying in SBIOA Model School. He wanted to donate books to his school library and sought my help. I have my own home library and I am in the process of giving away books to the right person, I gave him a set of imported Encyclopedia of 24 volumes and Gandhiji’s autobiography in many languages. Added to this he took other books useful for children and gave it to his school library. He was honored in the assembly for his act of kindness. 

 Now, coming to me, he introduced me to his Headmistress and Tamil Dept. Head on his own by sharing my Gandhian activities. This act of kindness turned a leaf in my life. Teachers have trusted him and gave me a call and visited my home to invite me, as a Special Guest for the Independence Day last month. On receipt of my profile, they have printed my name in the Invitation for the celebration. It was a great honor for me to speak among students along with other dignitaries.

 Micro action of a young mind brought a significant on my life. He inspired me to give back such a kind of act to others in need. I am always grateful to such persons, whether young or old.

 “The simplest act of kindness are by far more powerful than a thousand heads bowing in a prayer “ – Mahatma Gandhi








No comments:

Post a Comment