Tuesday 21 August 2012

Letter from a Daughter to Her Father !


Letter from a Daughter to Her Father

I took the title of this blog  from a book and modified to suite my subject. The book  was written by Jawaharlal Nehru to his daughter Indira , when she was 10 years old , in the year 1928 titled “ Letters from a Father to His Daughter “. It consists  of 30 letters,  teaching about natural history and story of civilizations .

In my case it is vice versa .  It is “ Letter from a Daughter to Her Father “ . Yes ! I was profoundly happy to receive my first hand written  letter from my  only daughter  , who lives with her husband on the other side of the world.

Time zone separates us by (-)10.30 Hrs.

We live 8609.3 miles apart.

I have to travel approximately 17 hrs. 53 min. to reach her by air. ( But I can’t without a passport and VISA to that alien country ).

And above all we last met each other  at Chennai airport , about 7 years before  ,when she took the flight along with her newly wedded  husband , very few days after her wedding.
Occasional calls from her gives life to me and my wife.  Facts of life explained by her for this long separation is acceptable to us but it is matter of concern  for others !
Coming to the letter  of her to me , I am an old fashioned person  cherishing the old custom  of communication by hand written letters . So , the first letter from my daughter is so precious to me to preserve , read , read and read again and again, which gives me a kind of pleasure and satisfaction .The  love and affection expressed  in words  is more than the  phone conversation of  her. Me and my wife are proud of our daughter .




A few lines  of that to share my happiness….
“Dear Dad ,
I got you a sketch book / journal ….you can write your thoughts & such , for time to come & to stay past the time beyond you…. I also got a book which is very close to me. It is written by a Poet … mostly about life and living. … Unlike the gadgets & computer stuff which makes life so stressful at times ,my gift will give you a break and make you reflect on the precious moment of now.  … “

Her words “ your writing will stay past the time beyond you “ has a meaning to me . 
For someone it may look silly on my writing . But I wish to wite because … it will stay past the time beyond me ….

My son-in-law keeps writing on Krishna Consciousness and that will enlighten the readers and attracts  them towards KC.

Me and my wife pray for the happiness of both my daughter and son-in-law for ever , with the blessings of Sri Krishna and  continue their services more towards Krishna Consciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment